The rules for pet transport vary depending on your departure country and destination. Air Tahiti Nui accepts animals from Los Angeles to Paris, Paris to Los Angeles and from Papeete to Los Angeles or Paris only. On these flights, some pets may be carried in the cabin with the passenger or transported by freight.
We strongly recommend that you provide us with information regarding weight, sanitary and veterinarian certificates at time of reservation and no later than 48 hours before departure. This will help us prepare for your pet transport in the best possible conditions.
Be advised the number of pets accepted onboard is limited and subject to availability.
If your animal cannot be accepted as a pet in cabin, you are invited to contact Air Tahiti Nui Air Cargo service.
Certified service dogs accompanying passengers with disabilities are allowed in the cabin free of charge. They must remain at their owner's feet and be appropriately harnessed with a leash.
Pet in Cabin (PETC) must meet the required standards:
- The pet must stay in the carrier/kennel during the entire flight and until arrival in the passenger terminal
- The pet and his/her kennel are considered as one hand baggage in addition to the standard cabin baggage allowance as long as the cost of its transportation has been collected by Air Tahiti Nui before departure.
- The pet (cats and dogs) must be 5 kg max. (8 Kg max including the container)
- Compliance with sanitary and veterinary requirements in the countries of departure, transit and destination (certificates)
- Payment at the check in counter the applicable excess baggage charges based on the 3rd piece
- Only one cage is allowed per passenger, the dimension max 45x35x20 cm
Pet in cabin transportation fees are:
- Los Angeles to Paris: USD150.00 one way.
- Paris to Los Angeles: EUR150.00 one way.
- Papeete to Los Angeles: XPF14,000 one way.
- Papeete to Paris XPF24,000 one way.
Animals not allowed
Dogs of the following breeds cannot be transported on any Air Tahiti Nui flights, including by freight: Staffordshire terrier, mastiff (boerbull), tosa and pitbull. This also includes a dog that is a mix of one of the breeds mentioned here with any other breed.
For security reasons, all air cargo shipments, other than live animals, must be shipped through a freight forwarder.