Covid-19 Ticketing and Travel Update – Air Tahiti Nui | Effective from December 1st, 2021
Dear Traveler, Dear Guest,
Effective from May 1st, flights between Los Angeles and Papeete resumed operation as did LAX-Paris, from November 17, 2021. Flights between Papeete and Auckland, Sydney and Tokyo are still not operating, scheduled to resume from April 1st, 2022, subject to Government confirmation.
Air Tahiti, the domestic airline of French Polynesia, is a separate company from Air Tahiti Nui. If you have issued a separate ticket on their ticket stock/validation, CLICK HERE for their Commercial policy.
Please note these refund and ticket extension policies.
Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing: For travel July 2020 – 31 December 2021: a.) In case of positive or late, incorrect test results or b.) lack of vaccination (children) or incomplete vaccination or c.) confinement in country of origin, border closure:
- Full refund is permitted, based on Denied Boarding Rules, upon submission of a copy of the Covid-19 test result/incorrect test to ATN.
- Full refund due to confinement in country of residence, lack of vaccination or incomplete vaccination & or inability to travel due to closure of the borders. Note LAX-CDG flights are suspended under these conditions through to November 16th. Passengers booked on those flights, or any cancelled Paris flight dating back to April 3rd, 2020, are entitled to a full refund, or a future travel credit, if not already obtained. LAX-AKL and Tokyo through March 27th, 2022, same conditions, if not already obtained.
- Passengers who booked directly with Air Tahiti Nui, contact the Call Center, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM & Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM-1:00 PM PDT, 877-824-4846 or email@example.com
- Travel Professionals please email Inside Sales for an ARC refund waiver approval.
Should you wish to extend your ticket for Future Travel, and your ticket was purchased via your Professional Travel Agent, contact that Agency. If purchased from ATN directly, contact our Call Center.
Future Travel Credit
Applicable for a.) all tickets on flights not able to operate due to border closure, Government travel restrictions including LAX-CDG, LAX-AKL, PPT-NRT and LAX-PPT (when applicable) and b.) in case of lack of vaccination (adults or children) or incomplete vaccination:
Application: Air Tahiti Nui online flights, future travel rebooking:
- New travel dates must be completed by 31 December 2022.
- Ticket must be reissued for new travel dates by 5 January 2022, or before ticket expiration - whichever comes first. Please note that the validity of a ticket is 450 days. If your ticket approaches that time limit, please contact your Travel Agent or Air Tahiti Nui if purchased from the airline, so that the ticket may be reissued. There is no charge for this service or change.
- All change and reissue fees are waived.
- Any tax, airfare difference such as peak season surcharge must be collected.
- Rebooking should be done in the original ticketed, booking class.
- If another airline is on the same ticket as part of a through fare, rebook in the same RBD. Seasonality surcharges and higher RBD charges will apply.
- Original ticket fare rules apply, however full refund if voluntary cancellation requested.
In the event your flight is operating, and you wish to voluntarily change the travel dates, this policy applies:
Applicable for all voluntary flight cancellations, where the flight is operating as normal schedule, the rules of the airfare will apply.
Ancillary Items Purchased:
- Ancillary products purchased on any itinerary are transferable to the new itinerary, subject to availability.
- The refund of Ancillary items is tied to the type of ticket purchased. If the ticket is nonrefundable, Ancillary items are also nonrefundable.
- All tickets refunded due to cancelled flights also include ancillary products fully refunded.
Change of Destination:
- Permitted on TN operated flights only.
- If fare/taxes are higher, collect and show new fare on reissued ticket.
- If fare/taxes are lower, refund to pax via EMD-S DEPO and reissue the ticket with the applicable fare.
- Waiver must be obtained from ATN and placed in the endorsement box of the new ticket.
During Covid-19 schedules are subject to change and all passengers must reconfirm their reservation at least 72 hours prior to departure, if not earlier.
For questions on this policy and about refunds, please contact your Professional Travel Agent if purchased through an Agency or if purchased directly from Air Tahiti Nui, the Reservations Department at:
Air Tahiti Nui call center may be reached PDT, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM & Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT at 1 877 824 4846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely apologize for this situation and look forward to seeing you onboard one of our flights in the near future.
Air Tahiti Nui