Each passenger is solely responsible for obtaining and carrying the correct travel documentation, including a valid passport, Visa (if applicable), sufficient funds to cover length of stay, and medical information (if applicable) - including that related to entry conditions due to COVID-19.
Always make sure that the way your name appears on the Air Tahiti Nui airline ticket matches your passport. It is also advisable that the other documentation you carry matches your passport name and that you identify yourself by the nationality on your passport. Make sure your passport is valid for the required time beyond your travel dates. Be advised, certain countries require a passport to be valid for six months beyond the date of departure.
Please note, as travel documents required for entry are subject to modification without notice, it is advisable to check with the consulate of each country on your itinerary or to consult with your travel arranger before departure. Each passenger is solely responsible for understanding and possessing the correct documents for legally traveling to the countries serviced by Air Tahiti Nui.
It is recommended to keep your Air Tahiti Nui e-ticket receipt with you, as it might be requested at the check-in counter or by Customs officials as proof of your return travel.
All passengers with paper tickets must be in possession of the ticket issued by Air Tahiti Nui or travel agent.
Check-in required 3 hours before departure.
Check-in closes one hour before departure.
Entry Conditions - French Polynesia
Downloadable Flight Checklists
Updated 11:59pm (NZT) 12 September 2022
You must present the following documentation for your Air Tahiti Nui flight.
For all travellers
- Valid Passport with any applicable visas
- Valid flight ticket
- Travelling to/via the USA, and not a US citizen or immigrant holding supporting visa:
- Travel to/via New Zealand: you need to complete of the new online New Zealand Traveller Declaration (NZTD). Note: Transit passengers are exempt.
For vaccinated travellers
- Proof of your vaccination status matching your passport data if travelling to or via a country where this is required. i.e. to/via USA.
For unvaccinated travellers
- If travelling to or via the USA ensure you are eligible to travel
Mandatory Pre-flight test for COVID-19 (Paper Form)
If you are travelling to a country that requires a pre-departure test please ensure that you comply with this condition. Regardless of your vaccination status, pre-departure tests are no longer required for travel to French Polynesia, France, Australia, New Zealand, or the USA.
For Non EU travellers visiting French Polynesia
- Onward ticket, or Visa, or Maritime Agency Letter of Guarantee for those ticket joining a ship or yacht.
For passengers flying Los Angeles-Auckland or Paris-Auckland and connecting with Air NZ operated Papeete-Auckland flight
- Transit procedure at Papeete (PPT) is not available when connecting from TN007 (CDGPPT & LAXPPT) to TN2181 (PPTAKL). Instead, the following procedure will apply.
- Collect bags at Papeete from baggage carousel, proceed to immigration/customs, and then enter French Polynesia
- Check-in for the connecting flight PPTAKL at the Air New Zealand desk to continue your journey.
- Ensure you have the relevant visa (or visa waiver) for French Polynesia
Tips for passengers who transit in Papeete
- Take your carry-on hand luggage with you when you exit the aircraft upon arrival in Papeete.
- Keep left in the transit lane when entering Faa'a International Airport.
- Any liquids/gels larger than 100ml will be confiscated by the local authorities. This includes duty-free purchased in Auckland (or Los Angeles) before departure.
- Air Tahiti Nui often operates two late evening flights PPTLAX - TN2 and TN8. Take care to note your correct flight number and reboarding time.
- Eligible passengers (i.e. Poerava Business) can make their way to the first floor Airport Lounge to wait for their connecting flight.