Each passenger is solely responsible for obtaining and carrying the correct travel documentation, including a valid passport, Visa (if applicable), sufficient funds to cover length of stay, and medical information (if applicable) - including that related to entry conditions due to COVID-19.
Always make sure that the way your name appears on the Air Tahiti Nui airline ticket matches your passport. It is also advisable that the other documentation you carry matches your passport name and that you identify yourself by the nationality on your passport. Make sure your passport is valid for the required time beyond your travel dates. Be advised, certain countries require a passport to be valid for six months beyond the date of departure.
Please note, as travel documents required for entry are subject to modification without notice, it is advisable to check with the consulate of each country on your itinerary or to consult with your travel arranger before departure. Each passenger is solely responsible for understanding and possessing the correct documents for legally traveling to the countries serviced by Air Tahiti Nui.
It is recommended to keep your Air Tahiti Nui e-ticket receipt with you, as it might be requested at the check-in counter or by Customs officials as proof of your return travel.
All passengers with paper tickets must be in possession of the ticket issued by Air Tahiti Nui or travel agent.
Check-in required 3 hours before departure.
Check-in closes one hour before departure.
Downloadable Flight Checklists
Downloadable Documents for Completion
Updated 16 May 2022
You must present the following documentation for your Air Tahiti Nui flight.
For all travellers
- Valid Passport with any applicable visas
- Valid flight ticket
- Travelling to/via the USA:
- Travel to/via New Zealand: you need to complete of the new online New Zealand Traveller Declaration (NZTD).
- Travel to Australia: you need to complete the Digital Passenger Declaration (DPD)
For vaccinated travellers
- Proof of your vaccination status. i.e. vaccination certificate that matches your passport data
For unvaccinated travellers
- If travelling to or via the USA ensure you are eligible to travel
- If travelling to or via New Zealand ensure you are eligible to travel
- Unvaccinated visitors aged 12 years and older from an orange zone country (e.g. Australia) must present a Certificate of travel for compelling reasons and the supporting documents justifying the need for them to come to French Polynesia or France. They must also complete a Sworn Statement committing to comply with the rules relating to entry into French Polynesia.
Mandatory Pre-flight test for COVID-19 (Paper Form)
Some countries have started to modify pre-flight COVID-19 testing requirements and now only require Unvaccinated visitors to provide a negative pre-departure test for COVID-19, while others still require both Vaccinated and Unvaccinated visitors to provide a negative pre-departure test. Please read the following carefully to ensure you fully comprehend and comply with these pre-departure test requirements.
The following rule applies to both Vaccinated and Unvaccinated passengers who are eligible to travel. NOTE: For flights that operate via the United States (e.g. AKL-PPT-LAX-CDG) you MUST adhere to the more restrictive regulations that apply for travel via the United States.
- Travel to or via United States: All passengers aged two (2) years and older must present a negative RT-PCR test or negative Antigen test taken less than 24 hours before flight departure.
- Travel to New Zealand: All passengers aged two (2) years and older must present a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before flight departure or a negative a Antigen test or a Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) test - both of which must be taken within 24 hours of your flight departure. Note: pre-flight test is not required for eligible transit passengers who are in transit at Auckland (click here for details) but you may need a pre-flight test for your next destination so please check.
The following rule applies to just Unvaccinated passengers who are eligible to travel. NOTE: For flights that operate via the United States (e.g. CDG-LAX-PPT) you MUST adhere to the more restrictive regulations noted above that apply for travel via the United States.
- Travel to French Polynesia: All unvaccinated passengers aged twelve (12) years and older must present a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before flight departure or a negative Antigen test within 48 hours of your flight departure. OR a certificate of recovery attached to a positive result of an RT-PCR test carried more than 11 days and less than 6 months prior to flight departure.
- Travel to France for USA originating passenger: All unvaccinated passengers aged twelve (12) years and older must present a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before flight departure or a negative Antigen test within 48 hours of your flight departure. OR a certificate of recovery attached to a positive result of an RT-PCR test carried more than 11 days and less than 6 months prior to flight departure.
For Non EU travellers visiting French Polynesia
- Onward ticket, or Visa, or Maritime Agency Letter of Guarantee for those ticket joining a ship or yacht.
For passengers flying Auckland-Los Angeles, Auckland-Paris, or Los Angeles-Auckland
- Temporary procedure for flights operated in May and June 2022 with a change of flight number at Papeete.
- Collect bags at Papeete from baggage carousel, proceed to immigration/customs, and then enter French Polynesia
- Check-in for the connecting flight to continue your journey.