Updated March 16, 2022
Dear Colleagues / Ia Orana
Air Tahiti Nui has resumed normal flight schedules between Los Angeles and Papeete and Los Angeles and Paris. Flights from Papeete to Auckland, Sydney and Tokyo, Japan are scheduled to resume from July 1st, 2022, subject to Government confirmation.
Air Tahiti, (VT) the domestic airline of French Polynesia, is a separate company from Air Tahiti Nui. If you have issued a separate ticket on their ticket stock/validation, CLICK HERE for their Commercial policy to follow.
Change Fees waived prior to departure
On all Air Tahiti Nui operated flights, change fees are waived if the change is made prior to departure ( unless due to covid positive during the trip, or at departure, change fee waived ) and the following rules are observed:
- Travel is completed within the length of the ticket validity. One year from the date of issue.
- If a change of season, e.g. from low to shoulder or peak, or booking class, or minimum or maximum length of stay rules, or age of the passenger, e.g. from infant to child or child to adult, or increase in tax or carrier imposed fees such as fuel surcharge, then these fees must be collected at ticket reissuance.
- If the ticket is reissued, a downsell to a lower RBD or class is not permitted.
Refund Policy- Air Tahiti Nui
Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing: For travel retroactive to April 3rd 2020 onwards: a.) In case of positive or pre departure covid test results or b.) confinement in country of origin, border closure or c.) an Air Tahiti Nui flight cancellation or serious delay:
Full refund is permitted upon submission of a copy of the pre departure Covid-19 positive test result/incorrect test to ATN.
- Full refund is permitted due to confinement in country of residence, closure of borders, lack of vaccination or incomplete vaccination.
Note LAX-CDG flights were suspended through to November 16th, 2021. Passengers booked on those flights, or any cancelled Paris flight dating back to April 3rd, 2020, are entitled to a full refund, or a future travel credit, if not already obtained. LAX-
AKL/SYD through April 28th, 2022, same conditions, and Tokyo June 30, 2022, if not already obtained. LAX-PPT flights were not operating between March 23- July 14, 2020 and then February 10, 2021- April 30, 2021 – full refund or Future Travel Credit.
- Travel Professionals please email < email@example.com > for a refund waiver approval.
Future Travel Credit:
Applicable for a.) all tickets on flights not able to operate due to border closure, Government travel restrictions including LAX-CDG, LAX-AKL, PPT-NRT and LAX-PPT (when applicable) and b.) in case of lack of vaccination (adults or children) or incomplete vaccination or a negative pre departure covid test result:
Application: Air Tahiti Nui online flights, future travel rebooking:
- New travel dates must be completed by 31 December 2022.
- AS previously advised, any expiring tickets being used as the Future Travel Credit, should have been reissued for new travel dates by 5 January 2022, or before ticket expiration - whichever comes first. If the tickets have expired please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have the original ticket number, PNR, date of outbound TN flight number and passenger name for the authorization of a ticket re issue.
( Note tickets are stored in the CRS up to 450 days from the last “travel date” of the ticketed coupon. After 450 days the tickets will purge from the CRS. Tickets must be reissued before this purge, - it is the Travel Agents responsibility reissue the ticket - even if a fictitious travel date is selected. Once your client has confirmed their new date, please update the booking and do not forget to cancel the fictitious date.)
- All change and reissue fees are waived.
- Any tax, airfare difference such as peak season surcharge must be collected.
- Rebooking should be done in the original ticketed, booking class. However, passengers may be rebooked on TN up to two higher RBDs, subject to space available and always in the same travel cabin. E.g. Economy may not move up to Premium or Premium to Business.
- If OAL on the same ticket as part of a through fare, rebook in the same RBD. Seasonality surcharges and higher RBD charges will apply.
- Waiver: 2021LAX20289/COVID19 – enter in Endorsement box.
- A full refund will be made if the passenger decides not to use the Future Travel Credit.
Rules Applicable for all for all voluntary flight cancellations - Rules of the airfare will apply.
- LAX-Papeete and LAX-CDG flights are operating per normal schedule. Thus, the airfare rules applicable apply in the case of voluntary cancellation by the passenger.
- LAX-AKL/SYD and Papeete- Narita are not operating. Therefore, the Covid-19 refund policy and Future Travel Credit will continue to apply to any tickets issued.
Ancillary Items Purchased:
- Ancillary products purchased on any itinerary are transferable to the new itinerary, subject to availability.
- The refund of Ancillary items is tied to the type of ticket purchased. If the ticket is nonrefundable, Ancillary items are also nonrefundable.
- All tickets refunded due to cancelled, substantially delayed flights also include ancillary products fully refunded.
Change of Destination:
- Permitted on TN operated flights only.
- If fare/taxes are higher, collect and show new fare on reissued ticket.
- If fare/taxes are lower, refund to pax via EMD-S DEPO and reissue the ticket with the applicable fare.
- Waiver must be obtained from ATN and placed in the endorsement box of the new ticket.
During Covid-19 schedules are subject to change and all passengers should reconfirm their reservation at least 72 hours prior to departure, if not earlier.
For questions on this policy and refunds, please contact Inside Sales Monday - Friday, PDT 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM by phone 424-331-7150 or by email at email@example.com.
For simple rebooking’s, new bookings, and ticketing information, please contact our Reservations Department at:
877-824-4846 or firstname.lastname@example.org | Hours of operation: PDT, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.