Updated : 13 May, 2021
May 1: Reopening of Borders to Tourism
Flights have resumed between Los Angeles and Papeete from May 2nd, but with new entrance requirements including vaccination and approval to travel from the office of the High Commission in Papeete, between 30-6 days prior to travel via the “desmarches simplified” application process. All airlines are unable to board passengers without the approvals shown below:
MUST HAVE DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT AT THE CHECK-IN COUNTER AT THE AIRPORT
- The registration receipt on the Polynesian ETIS* platform (please complete this application 30-6 days prior to departure—note that the ETIS platform, upon completion, will automatically link to the High-Commission form Desmarches Simplifees application).
- An authorization to travel into French Polynesia issued by the High-Commissioner from the Desmarches Simplifees application (please complete this application 30-6 days prior to departure).
- A negative laboratory RT-PCR test performed no more than three days before departure.
- A sworn statement to abide by sanitary regulations upon arrival in French Polynesia. CLICK HERE to obtain this form.
- It is recommended to also bring the proof of vaccination document if vaccinated.
Exact details regarding those vaccinated, those who have recovered from Covid-19 and those who wish to enter upon arrival into a 10 day quarantine (Note that children between the age of 6-11 not vaccinated, and their parent, or guardian will be required to quarantine for 10 days in Tahiti), are found in the MUST READ Entrance Requirements for French Polynesia shown below. It is critical that all passengers read the Conditions of Entrance to French Polynesia as well as the CDC Entrance Requirements to the US, as shown below.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our Air Tahiti Nui call center, which may be reached PDT, Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM at 1 877 824 4846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below the latest updates: