Discover the must-see highlights of New Zealand's North and South Islands with this 12-night self-drive itinerary and enjoy a 3-night stopover at the Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti in an ocean view room with jacuzzi!
Day 1 - Auckland | Arrive Auckland and pick-up your rental car before transfering to your hotel in downtown Auckland. Explore Auckland on your own.
Day 2, 3 - Rotorua | Travel South to Rotorua known for its geothermal activity (geysers, mud pools and thermal springs), Maori culture and adrenalin rush activities.
Day 4, 5 - Wellington | Continue south to Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city and the "the Middle of Middle Earth"
Day 6, 7 - Christchurch | Your journey today will take you across the Cook Strait on the Interislander ferry from Wellington to Picton. The rest of the day is yours to explore Christchurch.
Day 8, 9 - Franz Josef | This morning, take a scenic drive to Arthur's Pass and then continue on to Franz Josef. Explore New Zealand's glacier land (consider a glacier hike or a helicopter ride with a galcier landing)
Day 10-12 - Queenstown | Travel south to Queenstown. Enjoy a couple of days to explore Queenstown. A day trip to the famous Milford Sound is strongly recommended.
Day 13 - Christchurch | Travel from Queenstown to Christchurch, make a stop at the Mount Cook Village
Day 14-16 - Tahiti | Board your flight to Tahiti (you arrive Tahiti about 10 pm one day earlier) and enjoy a relaxing 3-night stopover at the Le Meridien Resort Tahiti.
- Roundtrip Airfare from Los Angeles to Auckland on Air Tahiti Nui
- Rental car in New Zealand - Automatic Compact
- 1 Nights Auckland - Scenic Hotel Auckland in a Standard Studio Apartment
- 2 Nights Rotorua - Millennium Rotorua in a Superior Room
- 2 Nights Wellington - CQ Quality Hotel Wellington in a Deluxe Suite
- The Interislander ferry transportation from Wellington to Picton
- 1 Night Christchurch - Novotel Hotel in a Superior Room
- 2 Nights Franz Josef - Punga Grove in a Studio
- 3 Nights Queenstown - Copthorne Hotel & Resort in Superior Room
- 1 Night Ashburton - Novotel Hotel in a Superior Room
- Airfare from Christchurch to Auckland
- 3 Nights Tahiti - Intercontinental Resort Tahiti in a Panoramic Lagoon room
- Hotel transfers in Tahiti
- All Taxes except City Tax in Tahiti (approx. 1.26 euros per person per night and Resort Fee in Tahiti (approx. 10 euros per room per night) payable by the guest to Hotel Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti upon check-out.
- Priced for travel May 1 - May 31, 2018, but this package is available year round at a higher price
(*) Published "from" package price is per person based on double occupancy and includes Economy Class round trip airfare from Los Angeles plus government fees and taxes. Package pricing is based on the lowest published promotional airfares and the lowest available hotel rates at time of publishing. The package price validity dates are indicated on each package page. Different seasonal supplements will apply to travel at different times of the year. Airfares require specific booking code seat availability, which is capacity controlled by the airline concerned, and travel restrictions apply. All airfares and flight schedules are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Fees for checked baggage may apply and vary by airline. For complete information, please visit the airline's Website. Due to currency exchange rate fluctuations, all land prices and taxes are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Package itinerary, availability and terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice. CST # 2098768-40