French Polynesia has reopened to international tourism effective from July 15th, 2020. The Government has established strict entry requirements. these conditions of entry and stay in the country are applicable to all travelers arriving by air (except Covid-19 testing, children 10 and under exempt).
Starting from July 15th, 2020:
- Quarantine measures will be lifted and French Polynesia’s borders will re-open to international tourism from all countries. All travelers (except Covid-19 testing, children 10 and under exempt) will be subject to the following mandatory conditions.
- Prior to boarding:
- Proof of a negative Covid-19 test (RT-PCR) molecular laboratory test, carried out within three days prior to their Air Tahiti Nui international air departure (e.g. if the flight departs on a Tuesday at 10:30 PM, the passenger needs to take the test the preceding Saturday).
- RT-PCR Covid-19 test is mandatory for all passengers 11years of age or older. The test has to be a molecular SARS-CoV-2 genome detection for Covid-19 by Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed by a qualified professional.
- The document with the results of this test must clearly state:
- A negative result
- Test type being RT-PCR
- Date test taken
- Name of individual/passenger
- The medical document must be issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic and must be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia
- Prior to boarding:
Please note that Antigen, Antibody, Self-Testing or Rapid Tests of any kind, including rapid RT-PCR tests such as the Abbott ID NOW are not accepted by the Health Authorities of French Polynesia and aircraft boarding will be denied.
If a passenger presents at ATN departure proof of having taken an RT-PCR laboratory test within three days, but does not have the result of that test, a rapid antigen negative test result may be accepted. The traveler must present a medical document, clearly identifying when and where the RT-PCR test was taken and a medical document showing the negative rapid antigen test, taken within 48 hours of the day of the ATN departure.
The list of tests accepted to enter French Polynesia can be found on the website of Tahiti Tourisme. Click here to consult the list of approved and non-approved tests.
Information on where to get a Covid-19 test within the Southern California area, or the rest of the US can be found on this webpage: https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/covid-19-testing-entry-french-polynesia-0
- Complete the online Heath Document Etis.pf and obtain a receipt and authorization to travel. Present the receipt of the health registration from the Etis.pf platform (Electronic Travel Information System). A printout of this authorization receipt must be presented upon check-in together with the test results in order to be able to board the flight to French Polynesia and these documents will need to be presented upon arrival at Tahiti’s Faa’a international airport and carried with you while in Polynesia.
- Required travel insurance or sign a declaration assuming all associated medical, confinement, or repatriation costs, should they fall ill during their stay.
- During the stay:
- Self-test 4 days after arrival in The Islands of Tahiti. Click here to view instructional video.
In addition, all passengers over 11 years of age will be given a kit and will be required to carry out a self-sampling test four days after arrival and return it within the time limit and place indicated on the materials provided.
Customers who fail to comply with any of the above mandatory health measures will not be allowed to board.
Full details are posted on the Tahiti Tourisme website found here: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/?
CDC RULES FOR COVID TESTING:
The United States center for Disease Control (CDC), has required that effective from January 26, 2021, all incoming passengers, 2 years and older of any nationality arriving in the United States from any country, regardless of vaccination status must have a negative Covid-19 test:
Air Tahiti Nui will allow all passengers booked on its flights to Los Angeles to perform a rapid antigen Covid-19 test between 4 hours and 1 hour prior to departure, on the site of Tahiti-Faa'a airport.
These tests are rapid antigen RAPIDTECH tests which detect the presence of the SARS-COV-2 virus responsible for Covid-19 through a nasopharyngeal sample (in the nose). The results will be delivered in less than 15 minutes.
These tests will be offered at a flat fee of USD 40 / XPF 5,000 per test.
Only passengers booked on an immediate departing flight will be accepted, upon presentation of a valid Air Tahiti Nui ticket.
The exact details of the CDC requirement may be found by clicking here.
MANDATORY NYC, SFO, LA COUNTY SELF-QUARANTINE FOR RETURNING TRAVELERS IN THOSE AREAS
The counties of San Francisco, Santa Clara, Los Angeles and the state of New York have all implemented self-quarantine for travelers who enter those areas.
Please check the Health Department website of those areas for exact details.
In Los Angeles County, anyone traveling for leisure or recreation, or to visit a family member for a nonessential reason, who enters L.A. County from anywhere outside the Southern California region, which is defined as the counties of Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura must self-quarantine themselves for 10 days.
Travelers exempted from this order includes licensed healthcare professionals, those working for essential government or infrastructure reasons, people transiting through L.A. County and not staying overnight, people who are members of professional or collegiate sports teams and personnel of a film or media production operating within the county, among others.
Click here for the LA County Health Order.
Air Tahiti Nui has finalized its flight schedule between Los Angeles and Papeete for the months of November, 2020 thru March, 2021. Due to government restrictions not yet lifted between Europe and the US, all TN007/008 flights via LAX to Paris and Papeete have been withdrawn. The schedules for November, 2020 thru March, 2021 are now confirmed as below:
Flight Schedule: January 20, 2021 - March 31, 2021*
*Schedules subject to change.
Flight Schedule: April 1, 2021 – October 30, 2021*
*Schedules subject to change.
To download this schedule in PDF format, click here
As flight schedules may change, please contact your travel provider or Air Tahiti Nui Reservations to reconfirm your itinerary.
Please watch for updates via email as well as our website, http://www.airtahitinui.com
Air Tahiti Nui
Air Tahiti Nui Reservations Department:
877-824-4846 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of operation: PDT, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM