LEISURE TRAVEL & LAX FLIGHTS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FEBRUARY14- MARCH 31, 2021
In an abundance of caution to prevent the additional spread of Covid-19, by order of the High Commissioner of France, entry to French Polynesia (The Islands of Tahiti), for flights departing to Tahiti from February 3rd and entrance by any other means, now excludes leisure travel, and allows entry only for health, family reunion and returning residents. All travelers entering French Polynesia must also quarantine for 14 days, in strict isolation, at their expense. If on the 12th day they test negative for Covid-19 they will be discharged on the 14th day. It is expected that these entry restrictions will remain in place for February and March.
Air Tahiti Nui flights between Los Angeles and Papeete and vice versa are planned to operate as currently scheduled through February 13th. However, flights from February 14th - March 31, 2021 between Los Angeles and Papeete and Los Angeles and Paris, are temporarily suspended due to these new Government directives and EU, US travel restrictions. Flights are planned to resume from April 1st onwards.
Authorities in Tahiti have indicated this is a short term restriction on leisure travel. Accordingly, passengers may rebook their travel without additional charge from April 1st, 2021 through to May 31, 2022. (except for any Government imposed tax increase. * )
Anyone entering French Polynesia must complete a travel entrance document confirming the reason for entry and a declaration form to comply with these rules. These signed documents must be presented at departure check-in.
These documents may be downloaded from the web site of the High Commissioner.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRANCE TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
All travelers (except Covid-19 testing, children 10 and under exempt) will be subject to the following mandatory conditions.
- Prior to boarding:
- Proof of a negative Covid-19 test (RT-PCR) molecular laboratory test, carried out within three days prior to their Air Tahiti Nui international air departure (e.g. if the flight departs on a Tuesday at 10:30 PM, the passenger needs to take the test the preceding Saturday).
- RT-PCR Covid-19 test is mandatory for all passengers 11years of age or older. The test has to be a molecular SARS-CoV-2 genome detection for Covid-19 by Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed by a qualified professional.
- The document with the results of this test must clearly state:
- A negative result
- Test type being RT-PCR
- Date test taken
- Name of individual/passenger
- The medical document must be issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic and must be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia
Please note that Antigen, Antibody, Self-Testing or Rapid Tests of any kind, including rapid RT-PCR tests such as the Abbott ID NOW are not accepted by the Health Authorities of French Polynesia and aircraft boarding will be denied.
If a passenger presents at ATN departure proof of having taken an RT-PCR laboratory test within three days, but does not have the result of that test, a rapid antigen negative test result may be accepted. The traveler must present a medical document, clearly identifying when and where the RT-PCR test was taken and a medical document showing the negative rapid antigen test, taken within 48 hours of the day of the ATN departure.
The list of tests accepted to enter French Polynesia can be found on the website of Tahiti Tourisme. Click here to consult the list of approved and non-approved tests.
Information on where to get a Covid-19 test within the Southern California area, or the rest of the US can be found on this webpage: https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/covid-19-testing-entry-french-polynesia-0
- Complete the online Heath Document Etis.pf and obtain a receipt and authorization to travel. Present the receipt of the health registration from the Etis.pf platform (Electronic Travel Information System). A printout of this authorization receipt must be presented upon check-in together with the test results in order to be able to board the flight to French Polynesia and these documents will need to be presented upon arrival at Tahiti’s Faa’a international airport and carried with you while in Polynesia.
- Required travel insurance or sign a declaration assuming all associated medical, confinement, or repatriation costs, should they fall ill during their stay.
- During the stay:
- For flights departing from February 3, 2021, all visitors will have to comply with a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a dedicated site at their expense. After 12 days of isolation, a test will be carried out and in the event of a negative result, discharge on the 14th day will be authorized.
Customers who fail to comply with any of the above mandatory health measures will not be allowed to board.
Full details are posted on the Tahiti Tourisme website found here: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/?
CDC ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS TO THE US, + NYC, SFO, LA AREA QUARANTINE
CDC rules for Covid-19 testing:
The United States center for Disease Control (CDC), has required that effective from January 26, 2021, all incoming passengers, 2 years and older of any nationality arriving in the United States from any country, regardless of vaccination status must have a negative Covid-19 test:
Polynesian health authorities are working on setting up rapid antigenic tests before the departure of each flight to the United States. For any information on this device, Air Tahiti Nui invites you to contact the Louis Malardé Institute https://www.ilm.pf/. Only passengers scheduled for an immediate departing flight will be accepted upon presentation of a valid Air Tahiti Nui ticket.
The exact details of the CDC requirement may be found by clicking here.
Mandatory NYC, SFO, LA County self-quarantine for returning travelers in those areas:
The counties of San Francisco, Santa Clara, Los Angeles and the state of New York have all implemented self-quarantine for travelers who enter those areas.
Please check the Health Department website of those areas for exact details.
In Los Angeles County, anyone traveling for leisure or recreation, or to visit a family member for a nonessential reason, who enters L.A. County from anywhere outside the Southern California region, which is defined as the counties of Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura must self-quarantine themselves for 10 days.
Travelers exempted from this order includes licensed healthcare professionals, those working for essential government or infrastructure reasons, people transiting through L.A. County and not staying overnight, people who are members of professional or collegiate sports teams and personnel of a film or media production operating within the county, among others.
Click here for the LA County Health Order.
AIR TAHITI NUI FLIGHT SCHEDULE
Air Tahiti Nui has finalized its flight schedule between Los Angeles and Papeete for the months of February, 2021 thru March, 2021. Due to government restrictions not yet lifted between Europe and the US, all TN007/008 flights via LAX to Paris and Papeete have been withdrawn. The schedules for February, 2021 thru March, 2021 are now confirmed as below:
Flight Schedule: January 20, 2021 - March 31, 2021*
*Note flights between LAX-PPT-LAX are temporarily suspended from February 14th- March 31, 2021 and are planned to resume in April.
Flight Schedule: April 1, 2021 – October 30, 2021*
*Schedules subject to change.
To download this schedule in PDF format, click here
As flight schedules may change, please contact your travel provider or Air Tahiti Nui Reservations to reconfirm your itinerary.
Please watch for updates via email as well as our website, http://www.airtahitinui.com
Air Tahiti Nui
Air Tahiti Nui Reservations Department:
877-824-4846 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of operation: PDT, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM