The United States center for Disease Control (CDC), has required that effective from January 26, 2021, all incoming passengers, 2 years and older of any nationality arriving in the United States from any country, regardless of vaccination status must have a negative Covid-19 test:
Polynesian health authorities are working on setting up rapid antigenic tests before the departure of each flight to the United States. For any information on this device, Air Tahiti Nui invites you to contact the Louis Malardé Institute https://www.ilm.pf/. Only passengers scheduled for an immediate departing flight will be accepted upon presentation of a valid Air Tahiti Nui ticket.
The exact details of the CDC requirement are as follows :
1. Present a negative pre-departure Covid -19 viral test result at check in for their Air Tahiti Nui flight conducted during the preceding 3 calendar days of the ATN international flight. The test may be a rapid or laboratory RT-PCR test or a rapid antigen test.
The passenger must present a clear test result document showing their name, the name of the licensed medical authority performing the test, date of the test, type of test and the negative result. Specifically, either “NEGATIVE SARS-COV2 RNA NOT DETECTED” or “SARS-COV2 ANTIGEN NOT DETECTED” or “COVID-19 NOT Detected”.
Passengers 2 years of age or older are required to have this test. This test document is retained by the passenger.
If a passenger has recovered from a previous Covid-19 infection, the passenger may instead travel with written or electronic documentation of a positive viral test that confirms previous SARS Covid 2 infection and a letter from a medical Doctor, Licensed Health Care provider or Public Health Official stating the passenger has fully recovered and is cleared for travel.
2. In addition to this test, passengers 2 years of age and older, must complete a Health Attestation document (<https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/attachment-a-global-passenger-disclosure-and-attestation-2021-01-12-p.pdf>), either electronically or in writing to the airline at check in. A parent or authorized individual may complete the attestation form on behalf of a passenger aged 2-17 years.
This document requires:
- Name of each passenger as it appears on their passport
- Confirming the passenger understands they must provide a negative pre-departure test result for Covid-19.
- The test was a viral test and taken within 3 calendar days before departure.
- Or have recovered from Covid 19 in the last three months, and being cleared to travel by a licensed medical professional.
A copy of this document must be given to the Airline who are required to retain it for two years.
Any passenger not presenting these two documents will not be allowed to board the flight.
For more information, please refer to Center for Disease Control and Prevention website