Position: Reservations Agent FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Duration: Permanent – Full Time Location : Los Angeles, CA.
Department: Reservations Reports to : Reservations Manager
Air Tahiti Nui is a French airline with its head office in Papeete, Tahiti. We operate long haul flights from its home base to New Zealand, France, Japan and the United States. The Reservations Agent will be located in Los Angeles, CA. Qualified candidates will provide customers with product and service information as well as resolving customer issues. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The candidate must be able to work various daytime shifts and weekends on a full-time basis in a busy call center, as scheduled by the Department Manager.
Include but are not limited to :
- Assisting customers with their reservations, and other information not limited to special meals and special requests while utilizing the AMADEUS computer reservation system
- Assisting travel agents with their special requests or needs for clients
- Accurately answer clients’ inquiries regarding fare information, routing and ticketing and any other additional requirements
- Assist with the re-protection and re-booking of passengers when flights are delayed or cancelled
Skills: The skill set below is preferred. However, the Airline will consider applications from individuals who do not have a travel industry background that are able to demonstrate a keen interest in the travel industry supported by an equivalent experience in a call center environment.
- French speaker is desired but not required
- Minimum 2-3 years AMADEUS or other CRS experience
- Knowledge of reservations and pricing
- Experience in sales
- Must be a strong problem solver
- Excellent listening and phone skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Basic computer skills and data entry
- Ability to deal with customers in a patient and reassuring manner with a polite and professional approach
- The ability to deal tactfully with upset or angry passengers
- Teamwork skills; must be dedicated and motivated
Salary : $14.25/hour ($29,640/annum)
**Air Tahiti Nui does not offer visa sponsorship**
Please submit your resume to the Human Resource Manager at HR.US@airtahitinui.com