In summary, you must present the following documentation for your Air Tahiti Nui flight to Papeete.
For all travellers
- Valid Passport with any applicable visas
- Valid flight ticket
- Negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of flight departure, or a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours of flight departure for all passengers aged 12-years and older. This must be a paper form.
- Approved ETIS receipt for all passengers, including French Polynesian citizens
- Sworn statement declaration to abide by healthcare measures while in French Polynesia.
- Note: a separate Sworn Statement is required if travelling to France
- An RT-PCR self-test will also be required upon arrival in Tahiti. If this is positive the passenger will be subject to a 10-day quarantine at their expense.
- Completed Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) if flying to/from Paris on a flight that has a transit stop in Vancouver, Canada
- Completed Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) if flying to/from Paris on a flight that has a transit stop in Los Angeles, USA
For vaccinated travellers
- Proof of your vaccination status. i.e. vaccination certificate that matches your passport data.
For unvaccinated travellers
- Boarding authorisation certificate issued by the High Commissioner for French Polynesia
Nb. also needed for anyone who has visited an orange or red zone country within the previous 15-days prior to visiting French Polynesia
For Non EU travellers
- Onward ticket, or Visa, or Maritime Agency Letter of Guarantee for those joining a ship or yacht.