Mandatory health measures and entry requirements for French Polynesia
The current regulations for entry to French Polynesia require that each traveller:
- Present at check-in, proof of a negative COVID-19 test (SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR virus genome only) performed within 3 days of your flight departure for all passengers aged 6 years and over. The results of this test must be negative and supported by a medical document confirming this, issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic. To facilitate the check-in process the airline encourages passengers to send the airline the results of the medical test via our online COVID-19 form.
- A traceability form distributed during the flight must be completed. We recommend that you retain a printed copy with your travel documents.
- Complete a Sanitary Entry Form via the Electronic Travel Information System (ETIS). A printed copy of the approval must be shown to the airline at check-in. This is a statement of commitment to follow sanitary measures and reporting to the authorities of any symptom of COVID-19 that may occur during your stay (cough, fever, difficulty to breathe, loss of taste, loss of smell). More information can be located on the Tahiti Tourisme website.
- Travel insurance for anyone who does not possess French nationality. If the insurance does not cover costs in the event of a pandemic, including any event associated with COVID-19 infection, you must agree to cover any health costs incurred in French Polynesia.
- In addition to the above, a temperature check will be taken at check-in for the flight to ensure the passenger temperature is below 38°C
If you fail to comply with any of the above mandatory health measures, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft.
Important COVID-19 testing in French Polynesia
- Random controls will be carried out upon arrival in French Polynesia by Health Department staff to check that the test taken is acceptable.
- Inaged over six (6) years of age