Maeva Plusgrade is a service offered by Air Tahiti Nui that gives you the opportunity to bid for an upgrade on flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui to travelers meeting the eligibility requirements of the offer.
The "Maeva Plusgrade" offer is available to any passenger occupying a seat in possession of a ticket whose number begins with "244" and whose reservation was created through the Amadeus reservation system.
In addition, only flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui with a flight number starting with "TN" are eligible for the "Maeva Plusgrade" offer.
The "Maeva Plusgrade" offer is not available:
- If your reservation was made on a reservation system other than Amadeus.
- If the fare basis of your ticket is *NOBGPF or **NOBGPF or **PMB1PF or **FCS1PF.
- If the fare basis of your ticket is Tier 1A/1B or confirmed ZED 1A/1B.
- If the fare basis of your ticket is ZED MIBA or confirmed ZED MIBA.
- If your booking class is F, R, I, U, G, X, N.
- If your reservation record includes a SK XUPG remark.
- If your ticket is issued by another airline or with a flight number other than TN (codeshare flights).
- If you are traveling with a pet in the cabin.
- If you are part of a group of 10 people and more booked under the same booking reference.
- If you are traveling on a medical evacuation with one of the following remarks in your reservation record: SSR MEDA, SSR STCR, SSR AOXY.
- If you are traveling with an infant under 2 years old who does not occupy a seat.
- If you are in the same reservation file as a person ineligible for the service.
- If you are a minor traveling alone and have booked our "Tiare Kids" service with an SSR UMNR remark in your reservation record.d.
No. By default, all travelers in the same reservation record bid under the same conditions, regardless of whether they are adults, children, or babies.
If you are part of a group of up to 9 people in the same booking record and wish to bid on only some of the travelers, you must contact your travel agent or sales consultant in advance to create a separate booking record from the rest of the group, and then bid using your new booking reference.
If you and all of your travel companions in the same reservation record are eligible for the “Maeva Plusgrade” service, you may bid on an upgrade:
- At any time after your airline ticket has been issued, by visiting our web page,
- If we have your email contacts, by clicking on the link in the email sent 7 days prior to your flight’s scheduled departure.
In all cases, an auction can be submitted until the final results are communicated by email at the latest 5 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
If your bid is accepted for an upgrade, you will receive all services associated with the higher class of transportation in which you will be traveling.
If you are upgraded to Poerava Business, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Priority check-in and boarding,
- Free baggage allowance of 2 pieces of baggage weighing 32 kg each,
- 1 piece of baggage of 12 kg free of charge in the cabin,
- Access to the Business class lounge at departure stations,
- Priority baggage delivery upon arrival at destination,
- Poerava Business class service,
- 150% mileage gain on your itinerary.
If you are upgraded to Moana Premium, you will receive the following benefits:
- Dedicated check-in and boarding,
- Free baggage allowance of 2 pieces of baggage weighing 23 kg each,
- 1 piece of luggage weighing 10 kg free of charge in the cabin,
- 115% mileage gain on your itinerary.
Once on the online page dedicated to the “Maeva Plusgrade” service, enter your last name and your booking reference to access this service.
If your reservation is not eligible for the "Maeva Plusgrade", you will be denied access to the service.
If your reservation is eligible, you will be able to submit a bid for an upgrade by following the steps below:
Step 1 - Submit your bid for a flight
Enter the individual amount of the bid you wish to place, keeping in mind that it must be within the minimum and maximum price range offered to you, and that it will apply to all passengers in the same booking file.
If you do not wish to submit an offer for any of the flights in your itinerary, move the cursor to the minimum range until the message "No offer" appears.
The type of upgrade you want, and the amount of your bid may be different on each eligible flight in your itinerary
Step 2 - Verify and submit your offer
Check that all information is correct, then submit your offer.
Step 3 - Enter your credit card details so that it can be verified with your bank
At the time of submitting your bid, no charge is made. You will only be charged for your bid once your bid has been accepted and the result has been officially communicated to you, which is no later than 5 hours before the departure of each flight.
If you do not win the auction, your credit card will not be charged.
Step 4 - Acknowledgement of receipt
Once you have submitted your bid, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt with the details of your bid.
The offer strength gives an indication of the likelihood of your bid being accepted. The higher your offer, the more likely it is to be accepted.
This indicator is not a confirmation that your bid has been or will be accepted.
The results of an auction are sent to each participant by email at the latest 5 hours before the flight departure. You will therefore know whether your bid was accepted or rejected before the check-in counters for you flight open.
If your bid is successful, your reservation will be updated without a new e-ticket being returned to you. However, you can print a receipt for your new e-ticket by going to the "My Reservations" area in the upper right-hand corner of the home page of our website www.airtahitinui.com.
If your offer was not successful, we will notify you by e-mail no later than 5 hours before your departure. Your credit card will not be charged and you will travel in the travel class you originally booked.
No, if your offer was not accepted, you will not be able to make a new offer for that flight and date.
The total amount shown on the confirmation page includes all applicable taxes and fees.
Maeva Plusgrade™ only accepts credit card payments such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express (AMEX not available if the airline ticket is issued in XPF currency).
As part of the auction selection process, we may check to see if the credit card used has a sufficient balance. If the balance is insufficient, the upgrade will be denied. In this case, you will receive an email from us with two options:
- Either call your bank to get the transaction approved, then click on the link in the email to revalidate the transaction,
- Or click on the link sent in the notification email and enter another credit card information.
Please note that you will only have 30 minutes after receiving the notification email to perform one of these two actions. Until the transaction is validated, the acceptance of the auction is not guaranteed.
Your credit card will be charged at the time your bid is officially accepted, which is no later than 5 hours prior to your flight departure.
No. Each bid must be paid for in one transaction and with one credit card. However, you can use two different cards for your outbound and return flights, for example, by bidding on each flight separately.
No. The upgrade must be paid for by credit card only.
Yes, as long as the auction results have not been officially released. To do so, you must cancel your initial bid and then submit a new bid with the credit card of your choice.
Your special meal ordered in your original class of travel is maintained and will be served on board in your new class of travel.
Yes, if your offer is accepted and you are upgraded, your “A la Carte” seat is refundable.
Yes, if your offer is accepted and you are upgraded to Poerava Business class, your Lounge Pass and Priority Pass services are refundable.
Yes, if your bid is accepted and you are upgraded to a higher class of travel, your excess baggage fee for a second piece is refundable. However, you will be required to meet the size and weight allowances per bag, depending on the class of travel you are traveling in.
You can cancel a previously submitted bid at any time up until the results are communicated by email, which is up to 5 hours before your flight departure. Once the results are announced, if your bid has been successful, you will not be able to cancel it.
You can change the amount of your offer up to 6 hours before the departure time of your flight. Simply click on the link in the invitation email or log in with your last name and booking reference (PNR) on our site at the Maeva Plusgrade™ marketing page. To change your offer, choose your new amount using the selection slider.
If you miss your flight, you will lose your upgrade, which will not be refunded or transferred.
No. The bid is nominative and non-transferable.
As soon as your bid is accepted, it becomes non-transferable and non-refundable
If your offer has not yet been accepted, it will automatically cancel when your ticket itinerary is cancelled.
If your offer has already been accepted, the offer is non-refundable.