Effective 03 February 2021 entry to French Polynesia is prohibited for all travellers except those travelling for the following reasons:
- an overriding personal or family reason,
- an emergency health reason,
- a professional reason that cannot be postponed
An exceptional travel certificate must be accompanied by supporting documentation. Travellers must also complete a declaration that they will adhere to the rules related to the entry into French Polynesia. Copies of the required forms can be downloaded below.
At least 6 days before departure the passenger must submit their sworn statement along with supporting documentation to justify the compelling reason for travel via the digital platform demarches-simplifiees.fr that is accessible from the High Commission of French Polynesia. After review of the documentation an approval or denial will be notified no later than 48 hours before departure via email and through the online platform.
Any traveller who complies with the new entry requirements must also comply with the following regulations to enter French Polynesia:
- Present at check-in, proof of a negative COVID-19 test (SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR virus genome only) performed within 3 days of your flight departure for all passengers aged 11 years and over. The results of this test must be negative and supported by a medical document confirming this, issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic. To facilitate the check-in process the airline encourages passengers to send the airline the results of the medical test via our online COVID-19 form. Note: where passengers can show proof that they applied for the RT-PCR test within the designated time frame but have not yet received the results of this test, they may still be permitted to board if they can show proof of a negative Rapid Antigenic Test taken within 48 hours of flight departure.
- Complete a Sanitary Entry Form via the Electronic Travel Information System (ETIS). A printed copy of the approval must be shown to the airline at check-in. This is a statement of commitment to follow sanitary measures and reporting to the authorities of any symptom of COVID-19 that may occur during your stay (cough, fever, difficulty to breathe, loss of taste, loss of smell). More information can be located on the Tahiti Tourisme website.
If you fail to comply with any of the above mandatory health measures, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft.
Quarantine in French Polynesia
- Upon arrival in French Polynesia, visitors will complete a 10-day quarantine at home or at a dedicated site in Tahiti at the expense of the passenger. The cost of the managed isolation is XPF6000 per person per day for anyone aged over 11 years.
- On the fourth day of isolation each person must carry out a COVID-19 self test and have the swabs dropped off at the closest health centre.
- An RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 will be performed after 8 days of isolation before discharge on day 10 provided a negative result is received.