Each passenger is solely responsible for obtaining and carrying the correct travel documentation, including a valid passport, Visa (if applicable), sufficient funds to cover length of stay, and medical information (if applicable) - including that related to entry conditions due to COVID-19.
Always make sure that the way your name appears on the Air Tahiti Nui airline ticket matches your passport. It is also advisable that the other documentation you carry matches your passport name and that you identify yourself by the nationality on your passport. Make sure your passport is valid for the required time beyond your travel dates. Be advised, certain countries require a passport to be valid for six months beyond the date of departure.
Please note, as travel documents required for entry are subject to modification without notice, it is advisable to check with the consulate of each country on your itinerary or to consult with your travel arranger before departure. Each passenger is solely responsible for understanding and possessing the correct documents for legally traveling to the countries serviced by Air Tahiti Nui.
It is recommended to keep your Air Tahiti Nui e-ticket receipt with you, as it might be requested at the check-in counter or by Customs officials as proof of your return travel.
All passengers with paper tickets must be in possession of the ticket issued by Air Tahiti Nui or travel agent.
Check-in required 3 hours before departure.
Check-in closes one hour before departure.
Updated 5 January 2023
You must present the following documentation for your Air Tahiti Nui flight.
For all travellers
- Valid Passport with any applicable visas
- Valid flight ticket
- Travelling to/via the USA, and not a US citizen or immigrant holding supporting visa:
- Download and complete an Attestation form for all passengers aged two years and older
- Completed Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) if you have a passport issued by a Visa Waiver Country.
For all travellers from the Peoples Republic of China
- Pre-flight negative COVID-19 test results taken within 2 days of departure required for entry into Australia, USA, France. See individual country entry conditions for information.
For vaccinated travellers
- Proof of your vaccination status matching your passport data if travelling to or via a country where this is required. i.e. to/via USA.
For unvaccinated travellers
- If travelling to or via the USA ensure you are eligible to travel
For Non EU travellers visiting French Polynesia
- Onward ticket, or Visa, or Maritime Agency Letter of Guarantee for those ticket joining a ship or yacht.
Tips for passengers who transit in Papeete
- Take your carry-on hand luggage with you when you exit the aircraft upon arrival in Papeete.
- Keep left in the transit lane when entering Faa'a International Airport.
- Any liquids/gels larger than 100ml will be confiscated by the local authorities. This includes duty-free purchased in Auckland (or Los Angeles) before departure.
- Air Tahiti Nui often operates two late evening flights PPTLAX - TN2 and TN8. Take care to note your correct flight number and reboarding time.
- Eligible passengers (i.e. Poerava Business) can make their way to the first floor Airport Lounge to wait for their connecting flight.
For passengers flying Los Angeles-Papeete or Paris-Papeete and connecting with Air NZ operated Papeete-Auckland flight
- Transit procedure at Papeete (PPT) is not available when connecting from TN007 (CDGPPT & LAXPPT) to TN2181 (PPTAKL). Instead, the following procedure will apply.
- Collect bags at Papeete from baggage carousel, proceed to immigration/customs, and then enter French Polynesia
- Check-in for the connecting flight PPTAKL at the Air New Zealand desk to continue your journey.
- Ensure you have the relevant visa (or visa waiver) for French Polynesia
For passengers ticketed Auckland-Los Angeles (TN102) and connecting with Los Angeles-Paris (TN8) flight, or ticketed Paris-Los Angeles (TN7) and connecting with Los Angeles-Auckland (TN101) flight
- Transit procedure at Los Angeles (LAX) is not available for either of these combinations.
- Collect bags at Los Angeles from baggage carousel, proceed to immigration/customs, and then enter the USA
- Proceed to check-in counters to check-in for the connecting TN flight to continue your journey.
- Ensure you have the relevant visa (or visa waiver) and entry permits for the USA